Cloud Enabled Virtual Automation
Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
Cloud Enabled Virtual Automation is the ability to leverage Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platforms in a way that makes teams self-sufficient. Gone are the days when you would have to contact an administrator to provision a server for your proof-of-concept project or lab, speeding up time to market and increasing velocity.
How we do it
Automation is a way of life at 2nd Watch and what is behind our ability to scale to meet the demands of our clients. We test many cloud products prior to release to determine use cases for the enterprise. 2nd Watch takes a cloud-first approach to our business, and we leverage opportunities to move to new services, like from MS SQL to Aurora. These experiences help us advise and tailor the right solutions for our clients.
We have provisioned entire accounts using nothing but infrastructure as code time and time again.
Our automation designs are based on our deep level of service knowledge and on common interfaces with minimal impact to workflow.
- Desired automated workloads, tasks and processes
- Ongoing management and governance requirements
- Identify routine manual process
- Minimal added infrastructure and cost overhead
When automation is deployed, we ensure that it can change with your business workflow while leveraging best-in-class tooling.
- Infrastructure provisioning (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Image management (Packer)
- Instantiation of Build and Deployment Pipelines
- Security foundation and management
Once deployed, we ensure the solution is supported and managed.
- 24/7 monitoring, alerting and incident/problem management
- Review and test customer’s specific security policies
- Patching and security updates
- Performance optimization
- Financial optimization
Why 2nd Watch
Large enterprises partner with 2nd Watch for our ability to walk alongside them to deliver tailored and integrated management solutions that holistically and proactively encompass the operating, financial, and technical requirements for scaling long-term use of public cloud. In the end, customers gain more leverage from the cloud with a lot less risk.