In a blog post this morning, the Head of Enterprise Strategy at AWS, Stephen Orban, shares a personal note he received from Salvatore Saieva, CTO Lead for Public Cloud Projects and Initiatives at American Insurance Group (AIG), about why the company moved away from traditional infrastructure methods and towards DevOps and the Cloud.
In his note to Mr. Orban, Saieva detailed how his infrastructure support team was managing production applications on VCE Vblock equipment and how working with converged technology led them to automation, agile methods, continuous approaches, and, ultimately, DevOps. By using DevOps to collaborate with other teams through the company, Salvatore’s IT team led the charge in becoming cloud-ready.
-Nicole Maus, Marketing Manager
Recent Blog Posts
- Cost Accounting for Amazon WorkSpaces
- How to Choose the Right Hyperscale Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- 2nd Watch Named “Leader” in Gartner’s New Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Managed Service Providers Report
- The Most Popular AWS Products of 2016
- AIG Moves towards DevOps and Cloud
- Video: Network World Tours the AWS re:Invent Expo Floor
April 14, 2017