In a blog post this morning, the Head of Enterprise Strategy at AWS, Stephen Orban, shares a personal note he received from Salvatore Saieva, CTO Lead for Public Cloud Projects and Initiatives at American Insurance Group (AIG), about why the company moved away from traditional infrastructure methods and towards DevOps and the Cloud.
In his note to Mr. Orban, Saieva detailed how his infrastructure support team was managing production applications on VCE Vblock equipment and how working with converged technology led them to automation, agile methods, continuous approaches, and, ultimately, DevOps. By using DevOps to collaborate with other teams through the company, Salvatore’s IT team led the charge in becoming cloud-ready.
-Nicole Maus, Marketing Manager
Recent Blog Posts
- AIG Moves towards DevOps and Cloud
- Video: Network World Tours the AWS re:Invent Expo Floor
- AWS re:Invent 2016 – The CUBE
- AWS re:Invent 2016 Session: Lift and Evolve – Making Money with the Cloud Takes Help
- AWS re:Invent Daily Recap – Thursday
- What we learned from Werner Vogels’s 2016 re:Invent Keynote Presentation
February 15, 2017
February 9, 2017
December 14, 2016